In the busy world we live in, finding moments of calm can be tough. Stress and anxiety can take over, leaving us in search of relief. Ü Relax, a product from Calming Co., promises to help with this – it claims to provide deep relaxation, calm your nerves, and lift your mood. But does it truly do all that, or is it just a clever marketing trick? In this thorough review, we’ll take a close look at the product to see if it lives up to its promises.
What is U Relax drink from U Calming Co?
U Relax is a calming drink made by Calming Co. It’s designed to reduce stress and anxiety and is often promoted as an alternative to alcohol, offering relaxation, calmness, and a better mood. This plant-based drink is said to go through rigorous testing to ensure its quality. It comes in a handy powdered form that you can mix with water. U Relax is available in two tasty flavors, making it an easy choice for anyone looking for relaxation.
U Relax Benefits & Claims
- Effective Stress Relief: U Relax claims to be a potent stress-relief solution, blending natural ingredients known for relaxation.
- Enhanced Clarity and Calm: It asserts to provide mental clarity and a sense of calm without inducing drowsiness.
- Quiets Racing Thoughts: Suited for those battling racing thoughts, U Relax aims to calm the mind and restore control.
- Natural Mood Boost: Harnessing Kava’s natural properties, it suggests a mood lift for a refreshed feeling.
- Taste: Available in Pineapple and Mixed Berry flavors, sweetened with Stevia without artificial additives.
- Long-Lasting Calm: Claims quick onset (15-20 mins) and up to four hours of uninterrupted calm, ideal for a busy day.
- Supports Better Sleep: By easing stress, U Relax suggests aiding a more restful night’s sleep.
U Relax Ingredients Breakdown
U Relax Side Effects, Safety and Cautions
As of now, there haven’t been reported side effects directly linked to the consumption of U Relax. However, it’s worth noting that Ü Relax hasn’t undergone clinical testing, which makes it somewhat challenging to definitively determine whether it may cause side effects.
To assess possible side effects, let’s focus on the active ingredient, kava. While known for anxiety relief, it raises concerns about liver impact, particularly when used with specific medications.
Kava affects enzymes breaking down kava and other drugs, potentially leading to enzyme inhibition. This accumulation of drugs in the body may harm the liver. (47). Adulteration is another concern associated with kava products (48).
Some companies, in a bid to cut costs, use various parts of the kava plant, such as leaves or stems, rather than the root. It’s worth noting that leaves and stems have been linked to liver-related issues. (49). Calming Co claims to use the root part of the kava plant.
As a result, individuals without pre-existing liver conditions and those not taking medications that affect the liver may potentially use kava safely, provided they adhere to appropriate dosages for about one to two months (52).
Most experts say it’s best to avoid products with proprietary blends, especially when they don’t give you details about the amounts of the ingredients.
Regrettably, U Relax Drink does not specify the milligrams of kava or the percentage contained in the dosage.
We did find a hint on Calming Co’s website that says this. “Most experts recommend that you take no more than 500 milligrams of kavalactones per day (that’s more than two servings of Ü Relax).” But this isn’t a guarantee that U Relax contains around 200mg of kavalactones.
Experts generally recommend that daily kavalactone intake does not exceed 250 mg (source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21112196/), with an effective dose typically falling in the range of 70 to 250 mg (53). So, don’t drink more than 1 serving of Ü Relax per day.
For accurate kavalactone information, choose products specifying content per serving or percentage of kavalactones in the product.
Calming Co suggests not mixing U Relax with alcohol, advises against driving or using heavy machinery post-consumption, and recommends consulting a healthcare professional if you have liver problems or take medication.
In a nutshell, U Relax Drink has not reported any side effects, but more research is needed. So U Relax may not be safe for everyone. If you’re worried about your liver or meds, talk to your doctor before sipping on it.
U Relax Alternatives
Consider these alternatives to U Relax if you have reservations about its Kava content or are seeking options from a reputable company with a proven track record. While not exact substitutes, these alternatives offer similar benefits and have decades of market presence, supported by scientific studies and clinical testing.
U Relax comes in two flavors, Mixed Berry and Pineapple. However, it’s important to mention that taste is an aspect where U Relax, like many kava products, has received some bad reviews. Some individuals have expressed dissatisfaction with the taste, even after attempting to mix it with other beverages like lemonade or combining both flavors.
However, it’s essential to understand that kava, in general, isn’t known for its pleasant taste. In fact, many describe it as resembling muddy water. But most people don’t consume kava for its flavor; they drink it for the relaxation and calming effects it provides.
So, while there are bad reviews regarding the taste, the potential benefits in terms of relaxation may outweigh this drawback for many.
Pros and Cons
- Potential Relaxation: U Relax contains kava, which is known for its potential to promote relaxation and reduce anxiety. This can be beneficial for individuals seeking a natural way to unwind.
- Natural Ingredients: U Relax is made from natural ingredients, appealing to those who prefer products with minimal additives.
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee: The product comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, allowing users to try it with a safety net.
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Low Calorie, Dairy-Free
- Taste: One of the notable drawbacks is the taste. U Relax, like many kava products, has received bad reviews regarding its flavor. Some users find it unpalatable, which can be a deterrent for those who prioritize taste.
- Unclear Dosage: U Relax does not specify the exact milligrams of kavalactones or the percentage from the dosage, which can make it challenging for users to determine the potency of the product.
- Safety Concerns: While kava may offer relaxation benefits, there are safety concerns related to its potential impact on the liver, especially when combined with certain medications. This necessitates caution and consulting with a healthcare professional, particularly for individuals with liver issues or those taking medications.
- Lack of Clinical Testing: U Relax has not undergone clinical testing, which may make it difficult to determine its efficacy and safety through scientific research.
- Price: U Relax may be considered relatively expensive, with a subscription costing $50 and a one-time purchase priced at $59. This cost factor may be a consideration for budget-conscious individuals.
U Relax offers a kava-based beverage with potential benefits for relaxation and stress relief. While the taste may not be its strong suit, the reported calming effects could outweigh any concerns about flavor. Safety considerations include the lack of reported side effects, but it’s essential to consult a healthcare provider if you have liver issues or are taking medications. Furthermore, the absence of detailed ingredient amounts in the product raises questions. As more research emerges, U Relax’s overall safety and efficacy may become clearer.